Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Cold n flu

Hi all,
It seems typical this year round that many teachers are getting the snizzles etc, and I'm one of them. Anyway, I'm still soldiering and taking it in my stride. I do enjoy teaching, and it's always a challenge to continually help children learn, as well as discipline them and consider the varied needs. It's especially hard when they have different learning abilities, personalities and emotional settings... And when I read "emotional Intelligence" I found a lot of insights to seeing how they develope, and I definitely believe that EQ is just as important as IQ. If you don't know already, I teach in a kindergarten, of kids around 6 years old. I've had the same class since they were 3 years... Anyways, this year our school will perform "Alice in Wonderland", and my kids will be the playing cards...

On the musical front, I was very happy with last weeks performance with Heartflow, although I had a wretched sore throat and was little support for Lily in the backing vocals department. And so, after the gig where taking a little break and thinking hard about our next phase -like what direction we want to go, and what other musicians we may need... I personally like "pop-punk" and a couple of our songs are fitting, but them a couple are kind of funky, and a couple are kind of "Taiwanese" style emotional rock sort of thing. So who knows. I guess we'll shoot for the middle and go pop... We were also considering more folk and jazz, but I think that's getting too eclectic... If you have any ideas feel free to post on my site.

OK, signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment