Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Looking back...

09/09/04

Hi all... life's gone back to it's usuall regularity. I'm teaching for the second week and the kids are already starting to drive me crazy, but I love them, I really do. It's funny the expectations we put on them, because every other school is trying to teach 6 year olds advance phonics, so we have to do the same. And they haven't even made it into elementary school yet.

Anyway, Lily and I are very happy with our first "feature length" gig at the Livingroom Taipei. Even though there were a few booboos, and we still need to refine our tempo and rhythm with some songs, but that's all part of the learning process. We do hope to do more in the future.

Meanwhile, we're still working on our demo, recording etc. Lily bought a nice computer with Protools, so we're learning how to use it now. I've just got a nice condencer mike (10 000NT), but I must say the sound is good. And while we continue recording, we are also working through some new stuff... one song is rather "pop-rocky", about wanting to stay young (don't we all), and another is more on the melancholy sice, about some of societies evils...

And we will be looking for new players, after a short break of a few weeks in October (Lily is going back to canada and I'm going back to Australia). Anyway who has the passion and time is welcome to jam with us, and see if we can "gel" so to speak...

OK, signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment