Friday, October 08, 2004

Don downunder

Well, I've been back in Oz for a week now, and I'm gearing up as bestman for my friend Tim's wedding. I used to play in a band with Tim and two others, we were called Rhombicvoid Void. we've still got a website I think. You can check it out on:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/8980/

I'm surprised it's still there, as we've been defunked since I took off for taiwan back in 2000. Anyway, we had a great time playing the odd pubs etc, despite the time, money and effort that goes into a semi-serious band. The most gratifying thing was being able to write our own songs and perform them, not that we had many fans (more a renta-crowd really). But we managed to get a decent demo of 12 songs as a sort of token, and it does give ourselves a sense of satisfaction because otherwise the songs would all be forgotten in dim memories...

Anyway, most importantly I'm happy for Tim and Bri and wish them the best on their wedding day tomorrow, and I'm very honoured to be the best man.

OK, signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment